Welcome To ICUSJ!

About Admin Of ICUSj

Hi I am Sajjad Hussain Mirani Student Of Sindh University I hope You Enjoy My Site This Site IS About Chemistry Department Sindh University.

Looking for something?

Subscribe To ICUSJ!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

intermolecular forces

A. List the types of intermolecular forces that exist between the molecules:


(a) Benzene (C6H6) molecules are nonpolar. Only dispersion forces will be present.

(b) Chloroform (CH3Cl) molecules are polar (why?). Dispersion and dipole-dipole forces will be present.

(c) Phosphorus trifluoride (PF3) molecules are polar. Dispersion and dipole-dipole forces will be present.

(d) Sodium chloride (NaCl) is an ionic compound. Ion-ion and dispersion forces will be present.

(e) Carbon disulfide (CS2) molecules are nonpolar. Only dispersion forces will be present. 


1: PCl5 : Dispersion

2. CS2: Dispersion

3: CH3CH2OH: Dispersion, Dipole-Dipole, Hydrogen

4 SF4: Dispersion, Dipole-Dipole



B. Which has the strongest intermolecular forces of attraction?



1. CH3CH2OH or CH3CH2Br

I chose:CH3CH2OH



2. SI4 or CI4

I chose Sulfur Tetraiodide



C. Which has the lowest boiling point?



1. CH3CH2Cl or CH3CH2OH

I chose: CH3CH2Cl



2. NH3 or PH3

I chose: NH3



D. Which has the highest vapor pressure?



1. CH3Br or CH3Cl

I chose: CH3Cl



2. F2 or HCl

I chose: F2

0 comments:

Post a Comment